Friday, May 23, 2014

Summer of Soleil - a Selvage designs pattern


Summer is FINALLY here, and after the winter we had, sewing a fun summery dress was exactly what I needed :) Thanks to Lauren of Selvage designs, I was given the opportunity to try out her debut pattern The Soleil Dress.......and IT IS GOOD....






It is a fun, Fast, easy and FAST to sew! I made mine is less then an hour (printing and cutting included)


I lengthened this one to maxi dress length with a slight hi-low hem, because I love this fabric, and my girl loves maxi dresses (and I don't have to worry about her showing her underwear when she sits down at school :) )



The open back is a really great detail (optional too). I did forget that since I made the dress maxi length, the added weight of the skirt would pull on the bottom panel of the bodice. Because of that, the open back was waaaaay too open, so I added a couple of buttons to hold it in place and keep the gapping in check :) Worked like a charm AND looks cute


Seriously a great pattern, cute details with pockets to boot (and good sized pockets....perfect for holding treasures) and FAST (did I mention that?) I love how easy it goes on (pull over the head) and how comfy it is for my daughter


So go and get yourself a copy and make 1 (or 10) it really is a perfect summer dress

~Christine

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...